Saturday 6 November 2010

What...?

I love The Event. I mean, I think, technically, it's awful, but I am truly hooked. The worst thing about it is that about 30 seconds before something's about to happen, I predict it, and am them so overcome with sheer anticipation, I go into some sort of nervous meltdown that results in involuntary spasms and a lot of arm flapping. It's so tense! But I hate hate HATE it in conspiracy shows when no one believes the person we all know is right. It's beyond frustrating. Here are a list of moments in tonight's episode of The Event that nearly sent me into anaphylactic shock


  • When they 'tried to kill' Leila - with Jason Ritter on the way to save her, I was literally on my hands and knees begging the television to make him drive faster. And when they got there and couldn't see into the house so waited by the front door just as one of the bad men was opening the door to come out, but it turns out that they had gotten the wrong house... Oh. My. God. All I wanted was for them to stop him! But no. Instead that creepy old woman came to the door...
  • The creepy old woman - I knew it would be Vicky Robert's mother. And then Jason Ritter was rooting through her stuff and the little boy came out and was all like, "Are you a friend of my mommy?" and Jason Ritter was like, "Yeah," and then he got his iPhone out and was all like, "Is this your mommy?" and showed him the picture of him with Vicky Roberts (not quite sure why he has that on his phone... but still) and the little ginger kid was like, "Yeah, but I haven't seen my mommy in ages. Will you take a picture of me to show her how big I got?" and Jason Ritter was like, "Yeah... Smile..." and then took the photo and then totally caught out the creepy old woman and was like, "YOU'RE VICKY ROBERT'S MOM BITCH!" Loves it. Although, the little ginger kid with the glasses broke my heart. It was so tragic. But I haven't even gotten to the worst part yet... When Jason Ritter took the picture on his phone and it flashed up low battery... NOOOOOOOO! It was so obvious that Leila was going to escape and try and call him and then when she did and it turned out the police were in on it and Vicky Roberts had actually let her escape to trick Jason Ritter into her evil web of lies. What a bitch. When she was on the phone crying I was screaming, "ANSWER YOUR PHONE! ANSWER!" But to no avail. It's so frustrating it makes me clench my fists so hard that my nails start to dig into my palms and my hands swell so as they begin to resemble big fat steaks, but I love it. 
  • The phone call - Now, I'm pretty sure that the President isn't allowed to have a mobile phone due to security. Barack was far from impressed about giving up his Blackberry, but apparently, if you're the President AND you are also Blair Underwood, none of this matters. So when they could hear a phone ringing and the First Lady checked hers and it wasn't hers, and then Blair Underwood checked his and it wasn't his, and the little boy had a mysterious phone in his bag... I was convinced it was some sort of bomb. Thankfully it wasn't, it was better. A phone call from the man who made the plane disappear... Thomas... Eerie. I don't trust him, and Dr Weaver from ER kept telling Blair Underwood not to trust him, but I don't trust her either. She spent years in ER with crutches and now, all of a sudden, she doesn't need them? Something looks suspicious to me... Plus, she keeps going on about being an alien, so I think that should be a cause of concern as well.
At the moment, I'm struggling to see where the two aspects of the narrative really connect. I mean, I know that Dr Weaver's Alien Force helped the plane disappear, but I feel like I'm watching two different shows when it flicks between the Presidential side and then the woes of Sean Walker. If I'm honest, I'd much rather just watch the Sean Walker show, it's much more tense and much more realistic. But, obviously, the two will start interlinking more soon, and hopefully we'll understand what the hell the alien conspiracy has got to do with poor old Jason Ritter. It's probably completely irrelevant. 

Slash, it was so tragic when he was talking about his parents. It was obvious that he was going to have some sort of difficult childhood, all good heroes do. I feel like it could have been more dramatic, like they'd both been killed in a freak accident when he was young, but I think, hopefully, they're being clever, and using the 'I haven't spoken to him in years' to allow for his dad to make some sort of surprise appearance and be the leader of the conspiracy or something. That would be excellent.

I just don't feel like it's on long enough. I'm always shocked when it ends, ALWAYS ON A CLIFFHANGER! I mean, seriously, WHAT'S THE DEAL! TELL ME NOW! I NEED TO KNOW! It's like Lost, a lot, but just not as good. And not as random. Except when Dr Kim from The OC makes an appearance as a scientist. That's random.

No comments:

Post a Comment