Thursday 23 December 2010

Better late than never

So I realise that I have not written/complained about the X Factor final. This is for several reasons. I have been in a foreign land, but also, I don't actually think I have come to terms with the result. Let's be realistic, One Direction should have won. I have loved Matt from the beginning though, and I did say he would win in the end. But... I also said that One Direction would nail it. And they did.

I'm not going to describe every last detail and judge everyone, because it took place about 25 years ago and everyone is over it now. Except me. I watched the final on YouTube, which was anti climatic to say the least. I also had the result ruined for me by a once so called 'friend' who I am now no longer speaking to. Friends don't ruin the X Factor result. Anyhow, I have just watched the whole thing on the good ol' Sky+ and have come to the conclusion that not only should One Direction have won, but Matt certainly shouldn't have won, purely based on those yellow trousers. He should have been sent to Azkaban for that outfit. Maybe he was Imperiused...

I am beside myself with grief. Grief that will last forever more. Or at least until One Direction release their first single. I cannot believe that their winners' single would have been Forever Young. This would appear to be to be a sign that they should have won and also be my best friends as this was Ryan and Marissa's song in The OC. Coincidence? I think not. I think Simon realised that I would be hunting to kill once he didn't get Bieber and had to do something to stop me coming after him. It worked. I just wish that they had the opportunity to release it. Rebecca's was abysmal. Just awful. Matt's could have been better too. Having said that, Simon also managed to put Bieber in the background of their 'best bits' montage. I took it as a nod to me personally for my support. You're most welcome, Simon.

At least now, I suppose, I can try and reforge my life. Although it will be hard carrying this devastation around with me. I'll be like the Ancient Mariner with his albatross of guilt, but mine will be a necklace of 5 Biebers, each with tears in their eyes, dragging me down and reminding me of my betrayal of not staying in the country to vote for them. How the weight haunts me of my sin.

Farewell X Factor. Farewell Justin Bieber Boyband. I look forward to our next encounter, but 'til then, I bid you good day.

DISCLAIMER: I did have votes cast for One Direction on my behalf. The issue was that the person issuing these votes on my behalf stabbed me in the back by also voting for Matt. If I had been in England, One Direction would have won. For this, I am eternally apologetic. Please refer to my section on the Ancient Mariner for further understanding of this guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment