Thursday 23 September 2010

The best show on TV

Southland is genius. I actually adore it, and there is not one ounce of irony in that statement. Like with most shows, I started watching due to the fact that Ryan Atwood (or Ben McKenzie if you live in the real world) was one of the main characters. "Hmmm... A cop show..." I thought. And cop show it is, but it ain't just any cop show, oh no. Now, I love a crime drama, I love a murder mystery, I love anything where John Nettles plays some sort of law inforcer, but there is absolutely nothing cheesy about this show. It is just sheer genius.

From the way it's filmed (which is unbelievable) to the storylines, I'm literally addicted. It's gotten to the stage where I'm traipsing the internet trying to find my next hit, and I hate doing that. I can't stand watching shows online, and don't even get me started with Megavideo... That's why I'm so glad it's finally Thursday and I can watch it in all it's glory on a proper TV, providing the weather doesn't mess with the signal on More 4. I've found now that I'll quite happily wish the week away, just so I can watch the next episode. It's dark, surprisingly so, but it feels real and it gives me faith in the police, even if I don't live in LA and Ryan Atwood isn't even real let alone an actual policeman. But last week's episode was so freakin' emotional! Poor Detective Sammy! He gets way too involved in the lives of those Mexican kids and he always ends up hurt! And I officially hate his wife. He could do so much better, and he knows it. I mean, she's there, taking pictures of gang members and smoking weed with a 17 year old thief who then proceeds to steal her stuff and then she moans about how it's just because she's bored when poor Detective Sammy is sobbing due to the fact that the kid he tried to help ended up killing someone after all even though he tried his God damned hardest to make him go back to school! She's such a stupid bitch! I hope that she ends up arrested so she can't get Sammy into any more trouble, I actually think it would ruin my life if he got into any trouble over her. She's not even pretty, or sane.

God this show is good! I don't know what I'm going to do when it ends. I'm totally Wikipedia-ing it up, right now.

UPDATE: I cannot deal with the fact that there are only 6 episodes a season and I have to wait until next year before I get the next one. Not cool. I'm writing this whilst watching the finale of season 2 and I'm already suffering withdrawals.

No comments:

Post a Comment