Wednesday 22 September 2010

Two birds with one stone

Due to the fact that Ugly Betty and Seven Days were equally as perculiar, I'm writing about them in one post to save time and allow the frustration to flow.

I don't even know where to start with Ugly Betty. I don't even know why I watch it. Well, I started watching it because Vanessa Williams sang Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas and Eric Mabius had guest starred in The OC, but it was really good in the old days, when they were all fresh with ideas and Betty was truly hideous. (No one has braces for 4 years, no one.) The only decent thing about this episode was Mark and that was only really because he did a dance and then fell over. Not particularly innovative, but amusing nontheless. Wilhelmina was, of course, fabulous, as was Claire Meade who has bizarrely become my favourite character since Daniel went all soppy/lost his mind and sold his soul to the most pointless cult ever. I mean, they weren't even taking his money! Just drugging him for absolutely no reason! I am pleased that they've stopped dying his hair that awful orangey brown though, that was God awful.
Even though I know this is the last series of Ugly Betty, and for that I am quite relieved as I will no longer just watch it because I feel I have to, but I just don't know where it's going to go. I hear you, I could read spoilers online, but to be completely honest, I really couldn't care less. They've run out of ideas and realised the Betty is actually a really annyoing main character. They should bring that sexy one from CSI who taught Betty how to drive back for more episodes, that would make it a bit more interesting. Although, his storyline was that he taught Betty how to drive... Two words, SNOOZE   FEST.

Seven Days was the weirdest, most pointless show I've ever seen. I love reality TV, but all that this show proved was that MTV was right to script The Hills. People's lives really aren't that interesting. Slash, no one cares. If it was celebrities flashing the cash and doing crazy things for publicity, then yes, people would be interested. But it's not. It's just normal people, who, by the way, aren't even nice or funny in anyway, doing boring jobs or sitting on the sofa. No one wants to watch that! "Oh I'm too rich! Oh I'm too poor! Ohhhhhhhh a uigfbsarbvaeiubvrlksubeifvusb!" I don't care if it's meant to be all new, clever and innovative with the public interaction aspect, but I don't even know what people would comment on. Literally nothing happened. And it felt as if it was never going to end! What was with the lead up to the ad break? It seemed to just stop half way through someone's conversation. And more random people kept turning up. No one cares if that man can't get a mortgage for the flats he wants to buy. No one cares if those 'models' hate the dresses they're asked to wear. I couldn't even find comedy in the fact that one of them cried because the other one didn't like her hair. If that had happened to Lauren and Audrina, that would have been golden. The best bit in the whole show was when those guys were walking down the road looking all gansta and talking about the Pope, "Oh yeah, and he drives like that bulletproof Batmobile".

I just don't get it. In any way. I'm not even sure if there is anything to get. It is boring and stupid and Channel 4 should never have gotten rid of Big Brother. Fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment